Thursday, May 22, 2008

Catch up

Wow time goes fast when you stay at home! At least for me! Mark was at a conference in San Jose for four days this week so we had some good girl time and I worked on projects that had been bugging me for months/years. Special thanks to my Dad who came over to help with the sprinklers and ended up weeding half my backyard! You're the best!

Aurora and I had a fantastic family home evening. It's amazing how much she is grasping. Usually she has an attention span of two minutes. We started with some pictures of temples from the Gospel Art Kit. I didn't even have to remind her what they were--she remembered and pointed out each temple. She wasn't bored yet so we looked at wedding pictures and she pointed out all the family members and temples. That's one of her favorite activities. But she still wasn't bored and wanted to look at more pictures so we pulled out more from the GAK--the Creation, Adam and Eve, Noah, Daniel and the Lions, Joseph Smith, and Jesus. FHE lasted HALF AN HOUR! It was amazing! I can't believe how fast she is growing and learning. It really is humbling.

Last night, after picking up Mark at the Burbank airport, we stopped at our favorite sub sandwich place, Santoro's, that my family has been going to FOREVER. This was Aurora's third visit and now she is totally into it. About half an hour after dinner, I asked her what we had to eat and she said "meatball!" I asked her if she liked meatballs and she said, "Meatball is yummy!" That's my girl!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see you guys! Aurora is getting so big...

Ms. Bananie said...

Looks like Cynthia was right at her Country Fair Fireside! FHE can work for toddlers after all!!! Way to go, fellow Meatball-lover!

Beach Mommy said...

You will have to let me know where that sub shop is. We're in Burbank often enough, it's sounds like a good place to stop by. Nice work on the 1/2 hour lesson...Colten's barely at 1/2 an hour. He prefers the song, game, and treat part of the night:)

Sherry said...

aw I love little Aurora!

Stephanie said...

Hey! I just saw this blog when I was visiting (stalking) your family blog. Anyway, I'll have to add this to my list. Very nice blog design, btw.

The Fast Family said...

Oh my gosh, I love Santoro's. My family used to live in Burbank and we used to go there a ton. When we lived there about 10 years ago a man from our old ward owned it. I wonder if he still does. Thanks for reminding me, now I can bring my family there. :)

Michelle said...

WOW! Thats great that she lasted that long for FHE! That is about Nathanaels limit and he is 7!